The University of Texas at Dallas School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences

Yune S. Lee

Assistant Professor

Research Interests

Neural and behavioral connections between speech, language, and music (SLAM); neural plasticity associated with improved language/cognitive functions following music-based intervention; impact of lifelong music training on protecting cognitive and sensory declines

Curriculum Vitae

Contact

Email: [email protected]
Phone:
Office: CR_1.342
Campus Mail Code: CRA13

Biography

I received a PhD in cognitive neuroscience from Dartmouth College and postdoctoral training at University of Pennsylvania. Before joining BBS, I was an assistant professor at the Ohio State University. My research is focused on the behavioral and neural connections between music and language. I conduct several interdisciplinary projects that leverage music to promote the neural plasticity pertaining to enhanced speech and language functions.

Recent and Selected Representative Publications

Recent Articles in Peer-Refereed Journals

Moritz, M, Heard, M, Kim, H-W, Lee, YS. (In Press). Invariance of edit-distance to tempo in rhythm similarity, Psychology of Music.

Lee, YS, Ahn, SH, Holt, RF, Schellenberg, G. Rhythm and syntax processing in school-age children, Developmental Psychology. (2020).

Heard, MJ & Lee, YS. (2020). Shared neural resources of rhythm and grammar: An ALE Meta-Analysis. Neuropsychologia. 137,107284.

RECENT CHAPTERS IN PROFESSIONAL BOOKS

Lee, YS, Thaut, C, Santoni, C. (2019). Neurological music therapy for speech and language rehabilitation. Oxford Handbook on Music and the Brain. Oxford University Press.

View more of Yune Lee’s publications